- 5 Must-Do’s for Employee Orientation
Employee orientation is an important piece of HR and employee management. A formal orientation is essential to setting a new hire up for success and helping your company maintain the […]
- Read More
- DOL Adopts New Test for FLSA Applicability to Interns
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has adopted the primary beneficiary test for determining whether interns of for-profit employers count as employees under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The FLSA […]
- Read More
Self-Funding is More Popular than Ever!
by Gregg Kennerly | Published Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Self-Funding Medical Benefits is More Popular than Ever
Risk is Easily Managed
With large health insurers warning that rate increases will be 20% to 30% in 2016, it’s time to look at cutting costs through self-funding your medical benefits. More companies are using self-funded contracts than ever before.
Brief Overview of Why You Should Consider Self-funding:
- New contract designs have made self-funding feasible for companies with as few as 20 employees
- Companies with 50 to 500 employees should definitely be looking at self-funding
- Huge cash-flow advantages– why let the insurance company hold your money?
- Almost unlimited control over plan design
- Access medical claim administration that is accountable to YOU for every dollar
- Next level analysis of claims and trends drives cost-saving decisions
- Superior cost-control strategies create better outcomes and lower plan costs
- Flexible stop-loss insurance effectively controls down side risk
- Save 2 to 3% more by not paying premium tax
- Integrated HR/Benefits software platform available to qualified clients
With over 50 years of combined experience in benefits, we are experts in self-funding for companies with 20 to 500+ employees. Let Advanced Benefit Strategies show you how much your company can save. Call or email us.
Gregg Kennerly, Principal
Certified Healthcare Reform Specialist