- Employers and Ex-Military Employees Benefits
The Hampton Roads Metropolitan area probably has the highest percentage of ex-military employees in the nation. Ex-military employees typically do not elect to enroll in employer-sponsored health plans. This lowers […]
- Read More
- 5 Must-Do’s for Employee Orientation
Employee orientation is an important piece of HR and employee management. A formal orientation is essential to setting a new hire up for success and helping your company maintain the […]
- Read More
Employers and Ex-Military Employees Benefits
by Gregg Kennerly | Published Tuesday, April 10, 2018
The Hampton Roads Metropolitan area probably has the highest percentage of ex-military employees in the nation. Ex-military employees typically do not elect to enroll in employer-sponsored health plans. This lowers benefits costs for area employers, but TRICARE still has out-of-pocket costs that can sting the pocketbook of these employees.
Is there a product that can fill the gaps in TRICARE coverage? YES! Employers can offer an employee-paid TRICARE supplement that can be paid by the employee on a pre-tax basis. These supplements are very affordable and can make a difference when recruiting employees in Hampton Roads. Here is just a partial list of the advantages to offering a TRICARE supplement now:
- The Feds have just raised the out-of-pocket costs for TRICARE Prime and TRICARE.
- Why should employers ignore the needs of ex-military… fills an obvious need!
- Can be offered on an Employee pay all basis for less than $70 per month typically
- Distinguishes your company as military friendly in a competitive market
- Will create employee loyalty and decreased turnover
Bottom line: Employers with even a few ex-military employees should offer a TRICARE supplement as part of their employee benefits portfolio to help our ex-military lower their out-of-pocket medical expenses.